Food Recovery Forum
Introducing... the groundbreaking Food Recovery Forum at WasteExpo 2016!
This exciting new addition to the popular Composting & Organics Recycling Program features a robust line-up of speakers and solution providers
Whether you're a producer or processor of food waste, the time is right to dig deeper into the opportunities in this booming industry-and network with peers and experts in the field.
This year's WasteExpo will feature an all-new Food Recovery Forum that focuses on reducing food loss and waste in the U.S. and recovering inedible food residuals for beneficial reuse. You'll walk away with the latest insights and valuable connections-check it out!
Timely and thought-provoking educational sessions
At the WasteExpo Food Recovery Forum, you'll learn about current and significant efforts to reduce food waste as well as increase food recovery, reuse, composting, and anaerobic digestion.
If you're a generator of food waste (from industries including hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare, restaurants, or any other institution that generates food waste), you'll discover a wide array of solutions that benefit both the environment and your bottom line. Or, as an organics recycling professional, you'll learn best practices from peers and meet customers who seek your services.
Speakers will include leaders of public, charitable, academic and private organizations who are at the forefront of the sector. Program highlights will include:
- "America's First National Goal to Reduce Wasted Food: A Call to Action", by Mathy Stanislaus, US EPA Assistant Administrator for the Office of Solid Waste. Federal government programs to reduce wasted food, and an action plan to help the nation reach its goal, will be discussed.
- The Food Waste Reduction Alliance, a cross-industry effort managed by the Grocery Manufacturer's Association, National Restaurant Association, and Food Marketing Institute, will host a panel discussion including sustainability and professionals from organizations including: Nestle USA, the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, and Wegmans Food Markets
- "Racing to End Food Waste at Big Venues", by Jeremy Kranowitz, Executive Director of Sustainable America
- "The Community Zero Waste Roadmap", by Eric Lombardi, Executive Director of Eco-Cycle International
- Practical presentations on: "Food Donation Best Management Practices," "Zero Food Waste," "On-Site Food Waste Recycling Technologies," and "Food Waste Diversion Policies and Legislation"
- A Food Recovery Workshop will be geared toward food waste generators (e.g. restaurants, groceries, hotels, and universities) who are interested in learning how to implement successful food waste recovery programs
- We'll also hear about food waste diversion policies and legislation from various cities and counties
Learn more and register here!
Interested in sponsoring this breakthrough event?
Get in on the launch of this highly anticipated WasteExpo Food Recovery Forum, and cook up some new business while you're at it! With recent food waste mandates, new regulatory and policy initiatives, and increased consumer awareness-the time is ripe to capitalize on this growing sector.
Now's your chance to meet the waste generators, haulers and buyers who need solutions to their food-waste issues. It's no longer optional for them-and your participation in this new program shouldn't be either!
For full details please contact our sales team.
Companies A-I: Debra Busby
Phone: (203) 358-4153
Companies J-Z: Marc Acampora
Phone: (203) 358-4384
Composting & Organics Recycling: Stuart Buckner
Phone: (631) 834-1400
Don't waste this unique opportunity to join in the food-recovery industry's most important gathering of the year!