Convince Your Boss about the Value of Attending WasteExpo
We are in the age of cut budgets and reduced travel. But there are distinct advantages to attending an out-of-town event or tradeshow. So if you need help convincing your supervisors that you should attend WasteExpo, here are some tips and facts to help you make your case to be a part of largest event in North America serving the solid waste and recycling industry.
If you need help, review the facts below, or provide this letter to your supervisor.
Only at WasteExpo 2013 will you:
- See an exhibit hall packed with over 500 leading suppliers showcasing the latest equipment and technology in the solid waste and recycling industry that will help you do your job more efficiently and save your company/department time and money
- Touch the most innovative products in the solid waste and recycling industry
- Visit the Technology Pavilion and Trucks Components and Supplies Pavilion
- Attend WasteExpo’s comprehensive conference sessions and workshops and learn about all aspects of the solid waste and recycling industry
- Network and connect with colleagues from around the world
- Attend co-locating conferences providing industry-specific information: the Healthcare Waste Conference (formerly the Medical Waste Conference), the Waste Training Institute, and the Fluid Power Conference & Expo
- And so much more!
Tradeshows provide the unmatched opportunity for you see and touch products from hundreds of vendors at once and the only place for you meet with direct representatives as well as get instant feedback from your peers. In addition, a year’s worth of education and training is packed into just 3 days. So, when you consider how much you can get done in a few days, attending WasteExpo is an extremely cost-effective option to enable you to save your company/agency money or help them make more money.
DOWNLOAD A LETTER WITH ALL THESE FACTS AND FIGURES TO HELP YOU CONVINCE YOUR SUPERVISOR ABOUT THE VALUE OF ATTENDING WASTEEXPO 2013. Tailor the letter with your own details to make it most effective.
Research shows that face-to-face meetings are an important part of our culture.
- 95% see face-to-face meetings as the key to success for long-term relationships.
- 89% considered meetings essential for “sealing the deal.”
- 82% say meetings are most effective for negotiating important contracts.
Source: Harvard Business Review
- 85% of respondents said face-to-face meetings build strong business relationships.
- 77% cited the ability to read body language and facial expressions as important to business relationships.
- 75% valued the social interaction and ability to bond with clients and colleagues at in-person meetings.
Source: Forbes Insights
- Executives and business travelers estimate that 28% of current business would be lost without in-person meetings.
- Nearly 40% of prospective customers become new customers with an in-person meeting, (versus 16% without such a meeting).
- Businesses experience an average $12.50 in increased revenue and $3.80 in new profits for every dollar invested in business travel.
- Executives cited conference and trade show participation returns ranging from $4.00 to $5.99 per dollar invested.
Source: Oxford Economics Business Travel Study; Oxford Economics, 2009
Face-to-Face meetings, including tradeshows, build strong business relationships, so take this opportunity to be a part of the solid waste and recycling community at WasteExpo.
There is simply no replacement for the power of a face-to-face meeting. Register for WasteExpo today!